The English Language is a whole new world to you. You have little to no knowledge of the English written or spoken word.
Beginner English is a vastly informative and interactive programme aimed at introducing the absolute basics of the English Language to learners new to the English Language. This programme includes the following bite-sized modules, focussing on introducing basic grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills, but not limited to:
- Hello, World! To Greet Or Not To Greet?
- Basic Grammar Made Easy
- Beginner Word Bank – Words You Need To Know
- Basic Punchy Phrases
- Reading Station – The Art of Reading
- The Art of Basic Conversation
- Basic Prose
- Basic Listening Skills – Do You Hear What I Hear?
It is highly recommended that learners of this programme become part of The English Council’s Get LIT! Learning Circle, so they can maximise on fully benefiting from their learning experience.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Apply basic greetings in a social setting
- Understand and apply Basic English Grammar in simple sentence structures
- Understand and apply basic vocabulary with some accuracy
- Understand and apply basic phrases with some accuracy
- Read and comprehend basic and direct short texts with some accuracy
- Converse simply using basic sentences with some fluency
- Write short and basic prose with some grammatical errors
- Listen and comprehend the basic English spoken word with some accuracy