The English Language remains quite new to you. You have some knowledge of the English spoken and written word. You are able to write and speak, using simple non-complex sentences and your vocabulary is highly limited.
Elementary English is a considerably informative and interactive programme aimed at introducing the fundamentals of the English Language to learners, who remain relatively new to the English Language and would like to develop their confidence in using the English spoken and written word in everyday life. This programme will include the following bite-sized modules, centring on developing simple grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills, but not limited to:
- Simple Grammar Made Easy
- The Art of Simple Conversation
- Elementary Word Bank – Words You Need To Know
- Simple Punchy Phrases
- Reading Station – The Art of Reading
- Simple Prose
- Simple Listening Skills – Do You Hear What I Hear?
It is highly recommended that learners of this programme become part of The English Council’s Get LIT! Learning Circle, so they can maximise on fully benefiting from their learning experience.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Understand and apply Simple English Grammar in non-complex sentence structures
- Understand and apply simple vocabulary with some accuracy
- Understand and apply simple phrases with some accuracy
- Converse simply using non-complex sentences with some fluency
- Read and comprehend simple and direct short texts with some accuracy
- Write a short and simple prose with a few grammatical errors
- Listen and comprehend the simple English spoken word with some accuracy