You mean serious business when it comes to learning the English Language. Learning the English Language to you is like running a marathon; you go the distance. You are able to write and speak highly complex sentences, and you have an impressive vocabulary bank. You seek to keep refining your skill set because you understand it will give you an edge and want to stay ahead in life.
Advanced English is an exceedingly enlightening and engaging programme aimed at refining the skill set of advanced learners of the English Language. This programme consists of more challenging functional and structured language components that imbue in learners more sophisticated approaches and techniques with an increasing level of difficulty to match their expanding skill set. These include the following bite-sized modules, focussing on developing complex grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills, but not limited to:
- Advanced Grammar Made Easy
- The Art of Highly Effective Communication
- Advanced Word Bank – Words You Need To Know
- Punchy & Powerful Phrases
- Literary Devices
- Reading Station – The Art of Reading Between The Lines
- Structured Writing – Highly Effective Expository Essays
- Situational Writing – How To Write A Report
- Listening Skills – Do You Hear What I Hear?
You may become part of The English Council’s Get LIT! Learning Circle, so you can maximise on fully benefiting from your learning experience, have fun while you are at it and be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Understand and apply Advanced English Grammar in complex sentence structures
- Understand and apply highly challenging vocabulary with accuracy
- Understand and apply powerful phrases with accuracy
- Understand and apply a variety of Literary Devices
- Read, comprehend and draw inferences from long texts with accuracy
- Communicate effectively using highly complex sentences with fluency
- Write a highly well-structured, effective and persuasive Expository Essay with the occasional grammatical slip
- Write a well-structured Situational Essay with the occasional grammatical slip
- Listen and comprehend the highly complex English spoken word with accuracy