The English Council’s Online LIVE GCE ‘O’ Level English Language Preparation will cultivate the needed knowledge and skills of learners, so they are well primed and confident in taking on the National Examination. This online programme is suitable for learners in Secondary 3, 4 (Express Stream) & 5 (Normal Stream).
Comprehensively covering components within the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language syllabus, The English Council’s Online LIVE GCE ‘O’ Level English Language Preparation breaks down complex concepts, introduces clear and simple step-by-step approaches and develops the critical-thinking skills of learners, so they excel in the written word in multiple genres of writing:
- Personal Recount or Reflective Essays
- Descriptive Essays
- Expository Essays – Informative, Discursive, Argumentative, Absolute
- Hybrid Essays
- Situational Essays – Proposals, Reports (Of all kinds), Complaint Letters, Letters of Appeal, Letters of Gratitude and more
The skills and knowledge of learners will also be honed in the following areas during our virtual classroom sessions:
- Maximising on Language Use for the Editing component in Paper 1
- Identifying a variety of Comprehension text styles
- Classifying and effectively approaching different Comprehension question types within different text styles
- Applying effective techniques in summary writing
- Maximising on effective skills in elocution and communication based on the latest 2020 revised examination format for Oral Communication in the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language National Examination (1128/04)
Apart from the Online Live Classroom sessions not being physically in person, they will still be virtually ‘face-to-face’ and there will be minimal disruption in every other respect in a learner’s development of his or her skill set in the different components within the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language syllabus.
Learners will be given ample opportunities to apply what they have learnt through mini-practices, collaborative exercises, home assignments and periodic mock tests, to name a few. Learners simply need to submit all given home assignments online, which will be assessed on a weekly basis so as to properly chart each learner’s progress. Consistent online feedback will allow for better retention of knowledge and skills.
All learners need is access to preferably a desktop computer or laptop. If learners do not have access to the former or latter, mobile devices are another alternative.
No stone will be left unturned in this skillfully crafted, broadly inclusive and holistic online programme with fully live classroom sessions, that is keenly attuned to the varying learning needs and styles of different learners.