You are well on your way at becoming stellar at the English Language. You have a moderate to advanced knowledge of the English spoken and written word. You are able to write and speak complex sentences, and your pool of vocabulary packs a punch. You are ready for the big leagues.
Upper Intermediate English is a hugely educational and interactive programme aimed at advancing the skill set of the informed learner of the English Language. This programme includes more functional and structured language components with an increasing level of difficulty to match the expanding skill set of the learner. These consist of the following bite-sized modules, focussing on developing challenging grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening and writing skills, but not limited to:
- Tricky Grammar Made Easy
- The Art of Effective Communication
- Upper Intermediate Word Bank – Words You Need To Know
- Punchy & Useful Phrases
- Literary Devices
- Reading Station – The Art of Reading Between The Lines
- Creative Writing – Spice Up Your Descriptive Essays
- Structured Writing – Effective Expository Essays
- Situational Writing – How To Write A Report
- Listening Skills – Do You Hear What I Hear?
You may become part of The English Council’s Get LIT! Learning Circle, so you can maximise on fully benefiting from your learning experience, have fun while you are at it and be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Understand and apply Intermediate to Advanced English Grammar in complex sentence structures
- Understand and apply challenging vocabulary with accuracy
- Understand and apply useful phrases with accuracy
- Understand and apply a variety of Literary Devices
- Read, comprehend and draw inferences from long texts with accuracy
- Communicate effectively using complex sentences with fluency
- Write a well-structured Descriptive Essay, applying Literary Devices with few grammatical errors
- Write a well-structured, effective and persuasive Expository Essay with few grammatical errors
- Write a well-structured Situational Essay with few grammatical errors
- Listen and comprehend the complex English spoken word with accuracy