The English Council’s GCE ‘O’ Level English Language Preparation will cultivate the needed knowledge and skills of learners, so they are well primed and confident in taking on the National Examination. This programme is suitable for learners in Secondary 3, 4 (Express Stream) & 5 (Normal Stream).
Comprehensively covering components within the current GCE ‘O’ Level English Language syllabus, The English Council’s GCE ‘O’ Level English Language Preparation breaks down complex concepts, introduces clear and simple step-by-step approaches and develops the critical-thinking skills of learners, so they excel in the written word in multiple genres of writing:
- Personal Recount or Reflective Essays
- Descriptive Essays
- Expository Essays – Informative, Discursive, Argumentative, Absolute
- Hybrid Essays
- Situational Essays – Proposals, Reports (Of all kinds), Complaint Letters, Letters of Appeal, Letters of Gratitude and more
The skills and knowledge of learners will also be honed in the following areas in this robust and current programme:
- Maximising on Language Use for the Editing component in Paper 1
- Identifying a variety of Comprehension text styles
- Classifying and effectively approaching different Comprehension question types within different text styles
- Applying effective techniques in summary writing
- Maximising on effective skills in elocution and communication based on the latest 2020 revised examination format for Oral Communication in the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language National Examination (1128/04)
Apart from instilling concepts, learners will also be given ample opportunities to apply what they have learnt and consistently receive feedback to allow for better retention of knowledge and skills.
No stone will be left unturned in this skillfully crafted and broadly inclusive programme, keenly attuned to the varying learning needs and styles of different learners.